Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bacon Tomato Quiche

I made some individual quiches for lunch today. I am not going to lie - I have a ton of pans and and I love pans that can be used to make miniature pies and quiches. So I used one of my pans that is supposed to be used to make muffin tops!


Ingredients-

1 box of refrigerated pie crusts (like Pillsbury)
4 eggs
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup milk  (I used organic low fat)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
36 grape tomatoes, halved

Directions -

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, unroll both pie crusts.


 Cut six five inch circles and press into mini pie pan.


In a large bowl whisk eggs, cream, milk, salt, pepper, cheese, parsley and chives until well combined.

Divide bacon and grape tomatoes onto the crusts.


Pour the egg mixture on top of the tomato and bacon.


Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the eggs are completely set in the center.


Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. These can be served warm or at room temperature.


These would be great to serve for Easter Sunday brunch or Mother's Day breakfast in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment