Friday, January 6, 2012

Star Cookies on Lollipop Sticks

I made some Star Lollipops for our 6th grade Bible Study class. We are going to study the  Epiphany and discuss the visit from the Wise Men and separate fact from fiction. I thought a Star treat would be appropriate.

As the saying goes "Wise Men Still Seek Him."

I used the same sugar cookie recipe that I have used on my last two posts. Really I know it is time for me to try another recipe - maybe next week?


Before I baked the cookies - I pressed a lollipop stick underneath the Star. These need to completely cool on the cookie sheet and must be removed from the cookie sheet slowly and carefully.


I gently stacked the star cookies while I gathered my icing and sprinkles.


I used this icing - which I picked up at Ralph's. It said on the package that it dried quickly for easy stacking.  And it really did dry quickly!


After I decorated the stars with the white Betty Crocker icing - I liberally sprinkled them with some white glitter sprinkles from Williams Sonoma.


Once everything was completely dry - I put them in little bags tied with silver ribbon and ran out the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment