Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year Cookies


I received a lot of fun little food related gifts for Christmas and my Birthday (just a few days before Christmas). So I will be experimenting and posting with all of my little gifts from personal pie pans to cupcake inserts.

One of the items I received was a little ABC cookie cutter set. I looked it up online it is from Williams Sonoma and was $12.00.


It comes in a small tin box and this is what it looks like inside:


So I decided to write out Happy New Year with my new mini cookie cutters! I used the same sugar cookie recipe that I used in my number cookies. It is my new favorite sugar cookie recipe.


Figure out what you are going to say and make a full cookie for the back and the cut out cookie for the top.


Then put a small amount of jam in the middle of the bottom cookie and place your cut out cookie on top. You can also sprinkle these with powdered sugar. So easy! And you could spell all sorts of holiday or birthday messages.

Be creative! And send me a photo if you decide to make these! I will post it for everyone to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment