Sunday, January 29, 2012

Football Sugar Cookies


Use your favorite sugar cookie recipe - or use my sugar cookie recipe from my Numbers Cookie post on December 29, 2011.


My football cookie cutter came in a sports cookie kit from Michael's but Sur La Table has huge bins of cookie cutter for $1 each - check it out!


I baked these footballs for about 7 minutes.


Once the footballs had cooled I was able to start the decorating process. But first I must say these look a little like chocolate Easter eggs! Yes?  Back to the decorating - I melted some chocolate and spread it over each football with the back of a spoon. High tech! I know!


Once the chocolate was dry I used a white icing pen to add the laces.  Super Bowl easy! These are also great treats for the team, lunch boxes and after school snacks. Go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment