Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sand Dollar Cookies




When I was growing up - I used to find sand dollars on the beach all the time. Some times the sand dollars were alive. I don't think that either of my kids has ever found a sand dollar at the beach. The only sand dollars that they have ever seen are the ones I purchased from Pottery Barn :(

Today I made some super easy Sand Dollar cookies.


You just need some sugar cookie dough and slivered almonds.


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice the sugar cookies and use the slivered almonds to make the sand dollar design. I bake for about 8 or 9 minutes.


Once they come out of the oven I use a straw to poke the middle hole.


Don't these look wonderful? If you want to get really fancy you could serve them on a bed of brown sugar - so it would look like the sand dollars were sitting in the brown sugar sand.


I brought some Sand Dollar cookies when I went to pick Christian up from his sleepover. Sand Dollar cookies are a wonderful summertime treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment