Sunday, July 10, 2011

I've Moved On to Full Size Donuts


Don't these look just like Hostess donuts?


I used the recipe that came on the back of the donut pan and I must admit that I was not thrilled with the results. I felt they were a little dry. I looked up some reviews on the internet and other people have actually used a cake mix instead of the actual donut recipe.

Here is the recipe:

2 cups cake flour, sifted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted

In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs and butter. Beat until the ingredients are just combined. Fill each donut cup about 2/3 full.

Then bake for 7 to 10 minutes. I only baked for 7 minutes. Let the donuts cool in the pan for a few minutes.


Once your donuts have cooled - put them one at a time in a ziplock bag filled with powdered sugar and shake vigorously.


Since my donuts were so dry - I split them in half and added lemon curd between the layered. This helped moisten the donuts.


I am going to experiment with some other recipes and I will keep you posted.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment