Sunday, March 13, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Decorations

Here are some St. Patrick's Day decorations:


Some table top ideas:







On this last table top idea - I made the little felt shamrock. It is my goal to make 20 or so little felt shamrocks and then sew them onto a long piece of ribbon four inches apart to make a St. Patrick's day garland to decorate the mantel. So far I have made about five - so my garland project might not be finished until next year. Or could I make a bunch this afternoon?

Felt is so inexpensive. You can buy a square of felt at the fabric store for .29 cents. I just used a shamrock cookie cutter to make the pattern.


Once I used used the cookie cutter to trace the shamrock designs on the felt. I started cutting them out.



Once the shamrocks were cut out of the felt. I sewed two sides together. I made sure that the two sides facing each other had the black markings. So that the front would be neat and clear of pen marks.  I used embroidery thread to sew the two sides together and added two cotton balls so that the shamrock would be a little fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment