Friday, April 29, 2016

Kentucky Derby Treats for Meals on Wheels



I made some horse necklaces for a Meals on Wheels Kentucky Derby treat. This year the Kentucky Derby is on May 7th.

Supply List:

Small plastic horses

Small flowers

Glue gun/glue sticks

Exacto knife

Screw eyes

Thin ribbon

Directions:


I bought my horses from Oriental Trading Company because I needed to make 50 necklaces. But they sell the horses in the tubes at any craft or party store - they tubes have 8 horses and are about $10. Be sure to use a craft store coupon.

Using an exacto knife twist a small hole and then twist in the screw eye.



I bought the screw eyes in the wood section of Hobby Lobby.


I also hot glued a little flower onto each horse.


I also found the little flowers at Hobby Lobby in the scrapbook section.


Now the horses are ready for a long piece of ribbon or twine to make  a necklace. 


I apologize for the photography - I made these late at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment