Thursday, April 21, 2016

Earth Day Cookies


Tomorrow - April 22nd is Earth Day. Everyday should be Earth Day! Reuse, recycle, repurpose. These cookies were so simple to make. Using your favorite sugar cookie recipe and blue and green gel food coloring.

You can find gel food coloring at any craft or party store.



I made a batch of sugar cookie dough and divided the dough in half.


Kneed the blue gel food coloring onto one half of the dough and the green food coloring onto the other half. Gel food coloring will also stain your hands - I put my hands into plastic bags while I kneed the food coloring int each dough ball.


To make the cookies simply take a good pinch of blue and a good pinch of green and roll them into little balls.


The cookies come out of the oven looking like the Earth! 


Don't these cookies look adorable? After I made them I had the brilliant idea that I should have made them into hearts — which would have translated to "love the earth." 



No comments:

Post a Comment