Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day



I hosted a Mother's Day dinner at my house. I had grandiose plans taking pictures of the food and flowers. However, once I started get drinks, appetizers and getting dinner ready I took very few pictures and I am super bummed.



However, I did take some photos of my cupcakes. I just made some vanilla cupcakes with some vanilla frosting. To get the word "Mom"I simply melted some blue chocolate tabs from Michael's and put the melted chocolate in a zipper top bag. Snip a little end off and write "Mom" on wax paper. Place the wax paper in the freezer for 15 minutes. When you take the wax paper out of the freezer gently peel the word off the wax paper and place it on the cupcake. Move over Martha Stewart.


I also made everyone a Mother's Day bouquet. However, I only took one picture of the actual bouquet. I made 8 bouquets and used them to decorate the dining room and outdoor tables. And forgot to take photos.

However, I did take some photos on how to make the vases. If you save your tin cans from soup or other canned goods you can recycle them into vases.

For this project you need:

tin cans - cleaned with the labels removed

scrapbook paper

double sided scotch tape

ribbon scraps

buttons or flower stickers

glue stick

I always clean the tin cans in the dishwasher. Once they are dry I make a scratch paper pattern and then cut the scrapbook paper to size using the pattern.


Using the double stick tape adhere the scrapbook paper to the tin can.


Heat up the glue gun and add ribbon to the top and bottom of the cans. Then decorate with little paper flowers.



Now fill the cans with water and add flowers.


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! These ideas can be used for any party or celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment