Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pipe Cleaner Shamrock Pins

I made some Shamrock pins out of pipe cleaners.


For this project you will need:

Green pipe cleaners

Clear pony beads

Scissors

Glue gun

Small bar pins

I bought the pipe cleaners and pony beads at Hobby Lobby. I  need to make 50 of these pins for a Meals on Wheels monthly project. The Meals on Wheels that I deliver the monthly treats is 20 - 25 minutes from my home so I am going to try to deliver two months at a time.


These are so simple to make - I will try to give you some good directions.


Put the pony bead in the middle of the pipe cleaner.


Thread the right side of the pipe cleaner back through the pony bead.


Now thread the left side of the pipe cleaner throughout the pony bead.


Now thread the long end through the pony bead - making the third loop.


Cut the stem so that the shamrock is in proportion.


Heat up the glue gun and put a dot of hot glue on the pony bead and press the bar pin on  to the hot glue.



You can make these very small to glue on bobby pins or larger to glue on a headband.


I am going to package these creatively and I will post the packaging pictures in a few days. Meanwhile grab some pipe cleaners and pony beads and start making your shamrocks!



No comments:

Post a Comment