Friday, October 19, 2012

I am Going Batty! And I Made Bat Cookies!

First I would like to say using black icing drives me Batty! I was going to make some black cat cookies. But now I am leaning toward making pumpkin or ghost cookies the next time I make Halloween cookies.



Using my favorite sugar cookie recipe- I made some bat cookies. Then I tinted some royal icing with a ton of black gel icing.


My icing was a little runny. I tried to thicken it with a little more confectioner's sugar.


After the icing hardened a little I added two little sprinkles for the eyes. Do you see how my black icing turned out? I wanted to start over and make a new batch of icing - but I had used all of my black gel food coloring in this batch of frosting.

And that is why I went a little batty!






No comments:

Post a Comment