Saturday, July 28, 2012

Shark Week Cookies


This year is the 25th Anniversary of Shark Week! So I had to make some Shark Week cookies! My husband loves Shark Week - he watches it every year! And now  after 25 years he knows a lot about sharks - because apparently he is now a shark expert. Plus he went down in cage with Sharks in Hawaii.


I made some shark sugar cookies. I didn't have time to decorate them yesterday - so I put them in a Tupperware type container and decorated them today! I bought the shark cookie cutter at Sur la Table for one dollar.

If you click under the cookie link under labels - you will find several cookie and icing recipes.


I frosted them with some royal blue frosting and sprinkled them with matching sanding sugar.


Before the icing was dry - I added a little red sprinkle for the eye. Quick tip: I decorated these inside of a super large jelly roll pan. Therefore, the sanding sugar did not get all over the place!



Once the icing is dry - gently place your menacing shark cookies on a serving platter. These would also be cute on top of a cupcake.

I hope this inspires you to celebrate Shark Week! Who Ha Ha!

P.S. The Who Ha Ha is from the movie "Little Nemo."






No comments:

Post a Comment