Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Handmade Stattions of the Cross


I substitute taught 3rd grade religion class this week. We were take the children into the church to do the Stations of the Cross and teach a little about the Stations of the Cross. I made these little Stations of the Cross to show the children. I have been wanting to make my own Stations of the Cross forever.

These were incredibly simple to make with just a few supplies from the craft store.

Supplies:

Glass mosaic in a round or oval shape

Pictures downloaded from the internet

Pencil

Scissors

Modge Podge

Paint brush

Number stickers

Pearl ribbon 

Glue gun and glue sticks

Directions:

Download some pictures from the internet in the approximate size of your mosaic stone.


I bought these mosaic stones at Michael's. 


These pictures were the perfect size. I used a stone and traced it around each picture with a pencil. Carefully cut out each picture.




Apply a light coat of Modge Podge to the flat side of tile. 




Then lightly press the picture onto the tile. Let dry and apply another thin coat of Modge Podge. Let dry and apply a third thin coat.


Place the correct number sticker on the back of each tile. Apply a light coat of Modge Podge over the number sticker. Let dry and apply another coat over the number.


I bought the pearl ribbon at Hobby Lobby and they have all different colors of pearl ribbon. Heat up the glue gun and apply a thin bead around the mosaic and adhere the pearl ribbon.


Let the pearl ribbon dry. And your Stations of the Cross are ready to use.



I am so inspired! I am thinking of making another set using different photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment