Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Candy Bibles for Religion Class


I made a huge stack of little candy Bible's for the 1st grade Religion class that I have been substitute teaching. They were so easy to make and would be perfect for any religion class or even an adult Bible study.

Supply List:

Black card stock 

1/8" wide red ribbon

Hershey's Chocolate Nuggets

Glue dots

Glue stick

Double stick tape

Ruler

Address labels

Scissors

Scripture Verse


Directions:

Cut black card stock into 2" x 1 1/2" pieces.



Cut the red ribbon into 3" pieces. I used glue dots to adhere my red ribbon but you could also use a dab of white glue or glue stick.



Glue the red ribbon to the middle of the black rectangle.



Glue dots are really handy and easy to use.


The Hershey's Nuggets make the perfect Bibles because they have a curved top.



Using double stick tape adhere a Nugget to each side the red ribbon.


Use a generous piece of the double side tape.


I just used a mailing label to handwrite my scripture verse. In the past I have printed the scripture out on the computer. I usually start with a 10 point font and go down from there. The font size varies depending on the length of your scripture verse.


Bring the red ribbon around over the scripture verse. And adhere with a small glue dot, dab of white glue or small piece of double stick.

The kids loved the little Bibles! These would make cute party favors for a Baptism or First Communion. 

I found a little scripture verse similar to the "Golden Rule" which is something we have been talking about a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment