Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sheep Rice Crispy Treats


This week I am teaching the lesson of the Good Shepard (John 10:11-18) so I made the kids some little sheep treats.  These were so easy to make! I actually had everything at my house that I needed for this project.


Supply List:

Rice crispy treats

white chocolate

 Jet puffed mallow bits

large round piece of chocolate

candy eyes

pink flower sprinkle

Directions:

Melt the white chocolate.  I used store-bought Rice Crispy treats (shh! Don't tell anyone). I cut each Rice Crispy treat in half and laid them out on parchment paper.



Dip each Rice Crispy treat into the melted white chocolate and immediately sprinkle them with the Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits.



The Mallow Bits can be found in the baking aisle or near the hot chocolate in the grocery store.


Using some melted white chocolate glue the candy eyes and pink nose onto the round piece of chocolate. In a pinch you could use a Hershey's Kiss with the point cut off. Then "glue" the little face onto the sheep body with some additional melted chocolate.


The kids loved these treats. And they were a great reminder of our Good Shepard lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment