Sunday, April 12, 2015

Peace Sign Necklaces

I have been asked to substitute teach my favorite 5th grade class this week. The lesson is the third Sunday of Easter - the Gospel of Luke 24:35-48.  The Gospel is basically after the resurrection when Jesus comes into the locked room where his disciples were gathered and said, "Peace be with you."

So to reiterate the "Peace be with you" message I made the classroom some peace Sign Necklaces.


To make these necklaces you just need a few things - beads, wire, scissors, twine and a long nose pliers. I was actually thinking these would be cute to make in bright colors and tied onto wrapped gifts.

I already had the twine, scissors and pliers - so I just needed to buy some wire and beads.


I bought the wire and beads at Michael's. 


I used these pliers to wrap the wire around the beads.


Using sharp scissors cut a five inch piece of wire and thread the beads and use the plier to form a circle. 


Cut a three inch piece of wire and make a straight line down the middle of the circle. Use pliers to wrap the wire around the top and bottom of the circle.


After all the circles have a straight line cut another piece of wire about three inches long.


Twist the wire around the lower section of the straight line and add beads. Twisting each side down to make the Peace Sign.


If these were made a little larger they would make terrific Christmas ornaments. Especially if they were made in red.


The last step is to add the twine to form a necklace. A thin ribbon could also be used - but since I have boys and girls in the class I went with the twine. 

Peace be with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment