Thursday, January 8, 2015

Sweet Scrapbook Paper Doves


Yesterday I gave the lesson on the Baptism of the Lord and I made some little Doves for the kids in the class out of scrapbook paper.


Despite the fact that I do not scrapbook - I have a ton of scrapbook paper. I use the scrapbook paper to make gift tags and my tin can vases. 


When he had been baptized,  Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove alighting upon Him.

                                                         Matthew 3:16


The class I substituted for yesterday was 5th grade - so they were really smart and we discussed the symbol of the Dove in the Bible and the they also knew that Doves were also a universal symbol of peace.


After I cut out the Doves, I glue sticked on the wing and added a rhinestone sticker for the eye.


Then I Modge Podged The Doves onto a thick piece of paper. Once the Modge Podge dried - I cut out the Doves.



No comments:

Post a Comment