Monday, December 29, 2014

Mini Hot Chocolate Cookies



I saw these cute little Hot Chocolate cookies on thegunnysack.com/2014/01hot-chocolate-cookie-cups and I knew that I had to make them. I added a little heart sprinkle to each cookies. But a little Christmas tree or flower sprinkle would also look really cute. I simply used some melted white chocolate I used to adhere the heart sprinkle to the front of the cookie cup.

I used a homemade sugar cookie recipe to make the cookie cups but the recipe link suggested using the Pillsbury Sugar cookie dough.

Ingredients:

1 package Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

2 tablespoons hot cocoa mix

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

12 mini pretzels

1 cup Jet-Puffed Mallow Bites

1/2 cup white chocolate


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with a non-stick cooking spray.

Roll the sugar cookie dough into 24 1' balls and press them into the mini muffin tin.


Bake for 11 to 14 minutes.  Press the middle of the cups down again after a few minutes. The let them cool completely in the pan before gently removing them.

Make the chocolate ganache by bringing the whipping cream to a boil - stir in the hot cocoa mix. Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl and pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips are melted and smooth.


I put the cookie cups on a large piece of foil. Then spoon the ganache into each cookie cup and sprinkle with the Mallow Bits.

Break the pretzel into little handles. Melt the white chocolate and use it to glue the pretzel handles onto the cookie cup.


Then gently place the cookie cups onto a serving tray.


Should you eat this cookie with your pinky out?


I have made this recipe twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment