Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Starbucks Lemon Loaf



This is a Copycat recipe. I was almost tempted to run over to Starbucks and buy a slice so that I could compare. Then I decided to relax - which is super difficult with my type A personality. I found this recipe on www.onsuttonplace.com and I did change the recipe a little - I added more glaze because the Lemon Loaf slices at my Starbucks have a lot of glaze. I will not be stingy with the glaze! I am a generous glazer! I also decided to use good old-fashioned elbow grease instead of my stand mixer.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 eggs at room temperature

1 cup sugar

2 tablespoons butter, softened

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 teaspoons lemon extract

1/3 cup fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil

zest of two small lemons or one large lemon

Glaze:

2 cups powdered sugar

4 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon lemon extract

juice of two small lemons or one large lemon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spay a 9 x 5 loaf pan with a baking spray.

Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.

In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon juice. You can use your stand mixer - but I was feeling lazy and didn't want to clean my stand mixer. I just used a whisk and some old fashioned elbow grease.

Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Keep whisking until everything is well combined.

Stir in lemon zest and oil. Mix throughly. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Make sure that a toothpick comes out clean after 45 minutes.


After the Lemon Loaf comes out of the oven - whisk the glaze ingredients together.


Put the Lemon Loaf on a wire rack and place the rack over a baking sheet. Then pour the glaze over the Lemon Loaf.  Once the glaze has hardened gently slice the Lemon Loaf. It was hot so I placed the Lemon Loaf in the refrigerator for about a half hour. Then the Lemon Loaf sliced perfectly.


This Lemon Loaf turned out perfectly! I think it even tastes like Starbucks Lemon Loaf.


My little taste test!


Notice the heavily glazed top of the Lemon Loaf?



I think I might go to Starbucks tomorrow morning after all to compare Lemon Loaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment