Monday, September 2, 2013

Potato Dice



Last week in Hawaii we had some Potato Dice in the Mai Tai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian hotel. They were so fantastic that we went back a few days later and ordered them again.

Now I have decided to recreate this recipe at home. My husband gets slightly annoyed when I try to recreate restaurant recipes at home. Because I will be making Potato Dice for the next few weeks with a variety of different herbs. Tonight my Potato Dice were almost perfect. I really wanted to add some rosemary. However, I went to two stores and neither one had rosemary. And I had other things to do - like the Trina Turk Labor Day sale - I bought two cute dresses!

So I will try to buy some rosemary this week. Also my family wanted to know why I didn't make the bacon dip that they give you with the Potato Dice. So this week I will also be working on the Smoked Bacon Dip.

Ingredients:

4 large potatoes, washed and cut into cubes

1 tablespoon of finely chopped dill

1 tablespoon of finely chopped sage

1 tablespoon of finely chopped flat leaf parsley

1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic

salt and pepper to taste

1/3 cup olive oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash your potatoes. You do not need to peel them. Yeah! I don't like peeling potatoes.


Cut your potatoes into tiny cubes. And place the potato cubes on a large baking sheet.


Now sprinkle the potatoes with the sage, dill, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. I use a herb chopper from Williams Sonoma that finely chops all of herbs. Drizzle with the olive oil.


Bake the Potato Dice in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Try to stir the potatoes every 10 or 15 minutes. They should be golden brown and crispy.


I put the Potato Dice in a serving dish and used them as a side dish for chicken kabobs.






No comments:

Post a Comment