Thursday, December 29, 2011

Number Cookies for New Years Eve



So long 2011.


I am wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy 2012. Have you written out your resolutions? I have been working on mine and will share them this week.


Here are the countdown cookies 10, 9, 8,7............3, 2, 1!!!!!! Kiss. Kiss.


Should I be 48 or 49? Okay. Okay. I am 49.


However, I am planning to be 49 for at least three years in a row. I really don't look 49 nor do I feel 49. How? When? Why did this happen? They say age is just a number - so my number is........27!


Enough with my age. I used a great sugar cookie recipe for these numbers. The best thing about the recipe was that I didn't need to add any flour when I re-rolled the dough scraps.  I would also like to add that making numbers was a lot of fun! Who knew? I found the numbers in my ABC cookie cutter tub! I was planning to use the ABC cookie cutters to write Happy New Year - but I decided to do this number project instead.

But - I still might spell out Happy New Year with a different set of cookie cutters. That's right I have two sets of ABC cookie cutters. Jealous?

Here is my sugar cookie recipe-



Ingredients:

3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla

Directions:

In a medium bowl combine the flour and salt and set aside.

In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg, corn syrup and vanilla until combined. Add the flour mixture one-third at a time and mix thoroughly after each addition.

Divide the dough in half and make two disks. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours.

Tic - Tock. It has been two hours.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap and cut out your numbers. I baked my numbers around 7 minutes. Cool the cookies completely before you begin the decorating process.


Noelle and I used all types of  sprinkles and icing pens to decorate the numbers.  This would be a fun project to put a number cookie standing up on cupcakes for a birthday - or to write out the address for a housewarming party gift. Be creative!

I am running really low on icing pens and still haven't bought meringue powder to make my own icing. Hopefully in 2012 I won't be so lazy!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



I would love it if you would leave a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment