Friday, December 9, 2011

Basketball Cookies


Today is my son's 12th birthday. I always tell him on December 9th, 1999 all the angels in heaven got together and send his mom the best boy in the world. Tonight he has basketball practice and my husband is going to the train station to pick our daughter up - she is coming home for Christmas break. Soooo... I am bringing basketball cookies at the end of basketball practice. We are going to celebrate Christian's birthday tomorrow and he is having a party with friends next week!


I made simple sugar cookies with Alton Brown's sugar cookie recipe. I am not going to post his recipe because my dough came out a little sticky and I had to use a lot of flour to roll it out. Then I just used a round cookie cutter.  I still love you Alton Brown - your glasses rock!


Once the cookies were cool I frosted them with some Wilton orange icing. And sprinkled them with orange sugar to off-set the additional flour.  Once the orange icing is completely dry - you can use a Wilton black pen to make the basketball lines.


The black icing takes a long time to dry. I decorated them on parchment paper and then set them on trays to dry over night.


I tested them this morning and they were dry! Yeah!



I always make extra cookies because I like to give out the really good cookies and keep the cookies that are a little askew for my family. They all taste the same.


This was a really easy - two day cookie project! I am still looking for that perfect sugar cookie recipe.  Let me know if you have a really wonderful sugar cookie recipe.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment