Monday, August 2, 2010

Is Your Cell Phone Dirtier Than a Toilet Seat?

I was watching one of the early morning news shows when I learned that my cell phone is dirtier than a toilet seat. They were yapping on and on about bacteria per square inch - yuck! I was extremely grossed out. How could this occur? Are they talking about public or private toilet seats? They did not go into great detail regarding the location of the toilet seats (thank goodness). But on second thought I think I would like the know!

We take our cell phones everywhere and set them down  frequently on unclean surfaces. And our cell phones harbor the most germs of items that we use every single day. Most cell phones are kept in dark places such as purses or pockets - which can provide the perfect temperature for bacterial organisms to thrive.

So we need to clean our cells phones with an antibacterial wipe once a week - not the screen - just the sides and back. Use a lint fee cloth to clean the screen.  While you have your antibacterial wipes out clean every phone in the house. It will only take a few minutes.




A few weeks ago we were in a hotel room and my ten year old son asked me if I knew what was the filthiest thing in the room? He knows how to push my cleanliness button. Then he said it's the remote! And went on to explain the reason the t.v. remotes in hotel rooms are so "dirty." I laughed for ten minutes. I knew the answer because I had watched on expose on hotel room cleanliness. I asked him how he knew about dirty hotel remotes and he did not remember how he learned that interesting fact. But what about the television remotes in our home? I am sure that they need a good cleaning also. We touched them when we were sick and with our greasy popcorn hands etc.

To clean a television remote use a Q-Tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to gently clean the crevices around the buttons. Then use a lint free cloth with just a tad bit of rubbing alcohol to wipe down the back and sides of the remote.



I'm sorry I get so obsessed out cleanliness - work with me!  Let me know if you clean your phones and remotes. I love comments.

Next week I will blog about recipes and fun projects!  I promise! So keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment