Sunday, August 29, 2010

What's For Dinner? Kabobs!

I make kabobs a lot - you can make them in the morning - go to the beach and come home to an already made dinner.  First I soak wooden skewers in water. Then I cut the meat into small chunks and wash the cherry tomatoes. This week I was able to buy both organic chicken and organic cherry tomatoes. You can grill them in about 10 -15 minutes. Serve with rice and a salad.




Sometimes I make kabobs with beef, peppers, pineapple chunks, red onion pieces etc. Mostly, it's whatever I find at the produce store that looks really fresh and I always favor organic whenever possible.

So for tonight's kabobs - I drizzled with organic olive oil and organic honey. Then I sprinkled with a little garlic salt and some fresh basil.  I would like to say that I am sorry in advance for my photography skills - I will eventually become a better photographer! Let's face facts - I can't get any worse!



Grill the kabobs for 12 - 15 minutes. This is a great dish to make for summer BBQ's because you can make them them in advance and they grill quickly.




Don't these look wonderful?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment