Friday, August 20, 2010

New Dining Room Chair Fabric

Okay - so my current dining room chairs have been recovered in a red and beige toile for about five years and I have grown tired of the fabric. It is more of a formal look and I am more of a casual decorator.

Last spring Sandee and I went to an open house and the dining room was to die for - in white and navy blue. We both wanted to go home and paint our dining rooms navy blue ( it screamed class!).  However, my husband doesn't want to repaint or hire a painter - so I am going to live with the red which I really do love. My next house will have the navy and white dining room.

So I went to the fabric store and purchased two polka dot fabrics.  Since the wall below the chair rail  in the dining room is red I decided to stick a red and white fabric. So I brought home a small polka dot fabric and a large polka dot - thinking that my husband would like the smaller print.



But we had a family vote and everyone voted for the large polka dot! I was shocked! So this week I am going to buy enough large polka dot fabric to redo all of the dining chairs. So be on the lookout for photos of my new cheerful dining room.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: