Monday, January 8, 2018

Rolo Pencils for Mother Teresa

"I am s small pencil in God's hand." - Mother Teresa


Each month I teach the kids in my Religion class about a Saint. And Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta is a really fun Saint for the kids to learn about.

I am making the kids pencil cookies for a snack and these Rolo pencils for a take home treat.  When I made these pencils for my kids classrooms I used to write No. 2 on the side of the pencil with a black Sharpie.

I can't decide if I should write Mother Teresa on the side of the pencil or leave it blank. What to do?

Supply List:

Rolo's

Hershey Kisses

Glue dots

Double stick tape

Scissors

Yellow card stock

Pink card stock

Ruler

Pencil

Pinking shears

Thin silver ribbon

Glue gun and glue sticks

Directions:

Trim the little Hershey tag off the kiss with scissors.


Cut the yellow card stock into 4 1/2" x 4" pieces. Cut one of the shorter (4-inch) sides with pinking shears.


Put double stick tape on the three sides that are not trimmed with pinking shears and wrap around the Rolo.


Cut the pink card stock into 3/8" x 3 1/2" and trace a quarter for the top of the eraser.


Using the double stick tape adhere the kiss on the pinking sheared side of the pencil. At the top of the pencil adhere the pink card stock strip and the circle eraser top.


Heat up the glue gun and glue a small piece of silver ribbon at the bottom and top of the eraser. Only use the hot glue on top of the card stock.


I love Rolo's - maybe someone will be absent and I can have a tube Rolo's!





No comments:

Post a Comment