Sunday, January 28, 2018

Charlie Brown Peg Dolls for Meals on Wheels


I made these Charlie Brown peg dolls for a Meals on Wheels Valentine project.  I packaged them with a glitter heart and a tag that said "Good Grief it's Valentine's Day!"

I think they came out super cute - but since I was making 50 a deleted a few steps. Also because I was making 50 peg dolls I ordered them from Amazon.

Supply List:

men shaped peg dolls

yellow paint

black paint

sharp pencil

small paint brushes

black fine tip Sharpie pen



Directions:

Always save pieces of cardboard to use when painting peg dolls.



Paint the body with two coats of yellow paint. Let the paint dry in between coats.


Using a sharp pencil draw the zig zag shape on the middle of the body. If you have extra time the zig zag could be moved up and a small black band could be painted on the bottom which would replicate shorts. Because I was making 50 I skipped the shorts step.


Using the black paint and a very thin teeny tiny paint brush paint inside the pencil zig zag lines. This took a really long time. 


Another step I skipped was painting the head with flesh toned paint. I used a fine tip black Sharpie to draw the face directly onto the wooden head.

Lately I have been sewing a lot of Meals on Wheels projects with felt and I wanted to do something different. And I do love a little peg doll. 

I am going to bring these to the Meals on Wheels office tomorrow and then start working on a March themed party favor.

God Bless all of the Meals on Wheels volunteers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment