Sunday, June 25, 2017

July 4th Decorations for Meals on Wheels


I made 50 of these little decorations for Meals on Wheels. They were actually fun to make and look so cheerful. I had everything I needed to make these fun ornaments in my craft cabinet. This project would look awesome made into a banner type project.

Supply List:

red, white and blue fabric 

red, white and blue felt

red, white and blue embroidery thread

red, white and blue buttons or beads

red, white and blue narrow ribbon

round cookie cutter

star cookie cutters

black pen

sharp fabric scissors

cotton batting, cotton balls


Directions:

Using the black pen trace two circles for each ornament onto a red, white or blue fabric or felt.

Start cutting the circles. The cutting is always my least favorite part of any project. I made 50 ornaments so I had to cut 100 circles.

Using the star cookie cutters trace 1 star for each ornament that you are making.


Sew a star on the front of each ornament with a simple running stitch.


I sewed a button in the middle of each star.


Cut a 6" piece of thin ribbon and sew the back to the front - sewing in the ribbon at the top in a loop. Before sewing the ornament all the way closed add some batting or a few jumbo cotton balls.


These ornaments would look cute on an indoor doorknob or on a bulletin board.


They look so cheerful! Have a wonderful July 4th!



No comments:

Post a Comment