Friday, October 21, 2016

Substitute Teaching 3rd Grade Religion Class


This week I was asked to substitute teach 3rd grade Religion class. I quickly made some store-bought chocolate covered graham crackers into little Rosary cookies with some icing dots and a little cross. October is also the month of the Rosary.


The lesson was on Luke 18:9-14 which is the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector. I found this word search on the internet.


I also found this coloring sheet. At first the children thought the man on the floor was the Pharisee.


Then I took some snack sized Hershey bars and made them into little take home treats.


I wrapped the candy bars with some blue wrapping paper and put a little "Be Humble" sticker on each candy bar. To be humble is really what I wanted the kids to understand from the parable.

I love 3rd graders - they are so smart and fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment