Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Easy Lemon Tarts


I made these cute little lemon tarts for after the tennis match on Monday. One of my teammates actually asked me if I was a chef.  No, Kathleen I am not a trained chef!

Ingredients:

Shortbread pastry shells (store-bought)

Lemon curd (store-bought)

Small piece of fruit  (blueberry, blackberry or raspberry)

Small mint leaves

Directions:

Lay out the short bread pastry shells on a large white platter.



I find these pastry shells in the baking section near the pre made graham cracker crusts. 


Fill each little shortbread shell with the lemon curd.  The lemon curd is often near the peanut butter and jelly or in the baking section near the pre made crusts.


Put a small piece of fruit in the middle of each lemon tart. Today I used blueberries. But in the past I have used raspberries and blackberries. 


Next to each blueberry put a tiny sprig of mint. You can throw this dessert together in minutes!

And the tennis teams loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment