Saturday, August 2, 2014

Peach Blueberry Muffins


Once again blueberries were on sale this week! And I love the smell of fresh peaches - I can't stop buying peaches. They are a lovely Jo Malone perfume for the kitchen. So while I was looking up some recipes online I came across this fantastic recipe for Peach Blueberry Muffins and I just knew that I had to make them! This recipe called for a jumbo muffin tin. I felt like I might have an extra large muffin tin in my baking pan area. And guess what - I did have a jumbo muffin tin! So no trip to Williams Sonoma needed.

I found this recipe on spoonfulofflavor.com and the photos of the muffins were so amazing that I had to make her recipe!

Ingredients:

For Crumb Topping

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 tablespoon sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 cup melted butter

2/3 cup flour

For the Muffins

1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup sugar

2 eggs, room temperature

1/2 cup vanilla yogurt

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 3/4 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup milk

1 cup peached, chopped

1 cup blueberries

For the Glaze

1 cup confectioners sugar

3 tablespoons milk

1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a jumbo muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Note: my jumbo muffin tin makes just 6 super large muffins which was just perfect for this recipe.

In a medium mixing bowl make the crumb topping combine the sugars, cinnamon and melted butter. Using a rubber spatula stir in the flour until the mixture is combined and crumbly. Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment , beat the butter on high speed until smooth. Add brown sugar and sugar and beat on high until fluffy about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and add the eggs, yogurt and vanilla.

In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add the milk and mix until there are no longer any lumps.

Remove bowl from stand mixer and scrape the sides. Slowly fold in the blueberries and peaches.

Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tin, filling them all they way to the top.


Divide the crumb topping among each of the muffins. Crumble the topping with your hands to make some big chunks.


Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 23 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes.


 Slowly run a knife around the top of the muffin and pop them out and let them cool on a wire rack set on top of wax paper. These muffins popped out of the pan perfectly.


Whisk the confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla together to make the glaze. Using a fork drizzle the glaze over the muffins.


I drizzled my glaze while the muffins were still a little warm. The next time I make this recipe I will wait until the muffins are completely cool before adding the glaze.


This muffin is ready for breakfast!


The top of the muffin is sweet and crusty and the inside is moist and chock full of blueberries and peach chunks.

These muffins would be fantastic to serve on a special occasion - or anyway day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment