Friday, August 1, 2014

Back-to-School Treats for Meals on Wheels


School supplies are so fun! When my kids were little - I used to host little Back-to-School parties and give everyone a goodie bag with pencils, glue sticks, crayons. So when I was thinking what should I make for Meals on Wheels in September? There is no "real" holiday to celebrate in September - but I could do some sort of Back-to-School fun treat.


I saw these pencils at Target. And knew that I could do something cute with them. P.S. It took a long time to sharpen over 100 pencils!


Michael's had a 20% off everything this week - even clearance items. So I picked up these stickers on super sale!


Using "pretzel" bags that you can pick up at any craft or party store - I added two pencils to each bag and made a little tag with my A+ sticker and stapled it on top of the pretzel bag. And this will be the September Meals on Wheels treat.

On the little tag I wrote "You have the write stuff to get an A+

These little pencil bags would be fun for your kids to make for friends/classmates. And if you aren't making 50 bags - you could add extra pencils to the bag. This would also be cute with colored pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment