Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread with Chocolate Glaze



Lately I have been making a lot of loaf pan type bread. My husband wanted me to make some Banana Nut bread! I found a great recipe for the Chocolate Chip Banana Nut bread on seevanessacraft.com and I decided to add the chocolate glaze. I love a glaze on my baked goods! This was a very easy recipe and I just used a wooden spoon and two mixing bowls. So clean up was very easy!

Ingredients:

3 ripe bananas 

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

1 1/2 cups flour

pinch of salt

1 egg

2 tablespoons butter

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

1 cup mini chocolate chips

Glaze:

6 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped

2 teaspoons of shortening

Directions:

Butter and lightly flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine dry ingredients - baking soda. sugar, brown sugar, flour and salt.

In a separate bowl mash the bananas and combine with the butter and egg.

Mix dry and wet ingredients together until smooth. Mix in chopped walnuts and mini chocolate chips.

Pour mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes on a wire rack.


Put the bittersweet chocolate and shortening into a small saucepan and heat on low - stirring frequently until the mixture is smooth and melted. Invert the bread and place it right side up on the wire rack and pour the chocolate over the Banana Bread!


Wait for the chocolate to harden before slicing.


Yum! This bread was fantastic! So easy to make and clean up. My glaze turned out a little too thick - but I took a phone call and that is when is got a little clumpy. Live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment