Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Carmel Apple Bread


I saw this recipe and knowing my love of Carmel Apples - I knew I would be making this! I found recipe on the the domestic rebel- this the second time I have made a recipe from this website. I changed the recipe a little because I am a recipe rebel!

Ingredients:

1 cup of butter, room temperature

1/2 cup sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 tablespoon lemon juice

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups of flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups coarsely chopped apples

1/4 cup Caramel  sundae sauce

For Crumb Mixture:

1 teaspoon cinnamon

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons brown sugar

4 tablespoons cold butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 5 x 9" loaf pan with a non-stick baking spray.

In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together. In a separate bowl dissolve the baking soda into the lemon juice.. The mixture will foam up! Add the foaming mixture, eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat to combine.

Add the flour and salt to the butter mixture and mix until a thick batter forms. Stir in the chopped apples by hand.

Meanwhile in a small bowl combine the crumb ingredients and mix until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.

Add 1/2 of the apple batter to the prepared loaf pan. Drizzle with the carmel sauce and sprinkle with the crumb mixture. Top the crumb mixture with the rest of the apple batter.


Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Check to make sure that the bread is completely cooked by inserting a toothpick in the middle and making sure that it comes out clean. Cool bread in the pan on a wire rack for a half hour. Then remove from the pan and slice.


The bread can be stored up to 2 days at room temperature tightly wrapped. Yum!


The next time I make this recipe - I am thinking about maybe adding 3/4 cup of golden raisins. I will let you know if do and the outcome. The Fall season is my favorite baking season!

No comments:

Post a Comment