Sunday, November 28, 2010

More on Gift Wrapping

What I am going to try to do is not to buy any wrapping paper or ribbon this holiday season. I will use what I have and try to coordinate the tags, paper and ribbon. I have all sorts of things to tie onto packages to make them look more festive. Of course I will need to buy more scotch tape at some point!


For example the above wrapping paper doesn't look Christmasy on it's own, but once I added the star ornament and red lipgloss it started to look more like holiday paper. Don't you agree? Now you are asking - why did she add the ribbon and tag so early on this gift? It is for a Secret Santa gift exchange that my daughter needs this week.

So before you go to the store and buy wrapping paper, tags and ribbon - try to use up all the wrapping paper you have that would work for the holidays! You might have even bought wrapping paper on super sale after last Christmas - check your Christmas box!

I like to add a little tie-on to all my packages, like jingles bells, cinnamon sticks, ornaments, rick rack etc. I will show some great gift wrapping ideas this month - so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment