Monday, October 18, 2010

Pasta Salad in a Jar

I made a wonderful pasta salad full of fresh vegetables and seasoned with a little olive oil, white wine vinegar,  salt and pepper.

The vegetables I added were finely chopped red, green and yellow bell peppers,  a cucumber, grape tomatoes, fresh chives and fresh basil. I used bow tie pasta.

Now I washed a bunch of jam jars and placed the pasta salad inside the jar about half way, then I added a layer of shredded rotisserie chicken and topped with another layer of pasta salad.


It is a picnic in a jar! I made these to serve at a tennis match. Since I decided to add a little "pink" to my October posts in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness - I decorated the jars with  pink paper,  ribbons and forks.


The top of the lid is blah and boring - so I added a little pink with a piece of pink paper!


Now isn't that better?


The I tied the jar with pink polka dot ribbon and wedged a fork inside the ribbon.

This is a great idea to bring to a potluck or BBQ and they are really easy to make!  The trick is to find a place that sells the jars. I bought my jars at ACE Hardware store.

No comments:

Post a Comment