Thursday, July 2, 2015

Red, White and Blue Bracelet


I crafted today while I watched Wimbledon, I made these cute little bracelets to celebrate the 4th of July. Each bracelet took about 45 minutes to make.

Supply List:

waxed linen cord

jewelry glue

beads in red, white and blue

large jewelry clasps

scissors

ruler

Directions:

Cut the waxed linen into 9 inch pieces.


The waxed linen cord is in the beading section.


I bought both the waxed linen and jewelry clasps at Michael's. 


Using your jewelry glue - add a glob into the larger end of the clasp and put about 7 to 9 pieces of the waxed linen cord into the clasp.


Wait a few minutes for the glue to dry - then spread the linen out like an octopus and start randomly beading.


The wax will hold the beads in place. I happened to have some red, white and blue beads - left over from when I made the Flag pins for Meals on Wheels. But I also bought some crystal beads in two different shapes at Hobby Lobby.


Once each strand has 15 to 20 beads in any random pattern - cut the wax cord into a 7 or 7 1/2 inch length. Then add a glob of glue to the other side of the clasp and add all of the beaded cords into the glue.


Wait a few minutes for the glue to dry and your bracelet is complete. 

 The waxed linen cord also comes in black and I was thinking with orange and black beads for a Halloween bracelet.

Happy 4th of July! God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment