Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sunflower Seed Tubes for the Baseball Team



My son played baseball from 1st grade until 6th grade. He quit baseball in 7th grade.


My husband was really bummed when he decided to quit baseball. However, now in 8th grade he is back on the field. I guess he just needed a little break. He really seems to be having a lot of fun and once again he is an "Angel."

I love making baseball treats! I made some Sunflower Seed Test Tubes (because I am a Mad Scientist) for the team this week. I saw these Martha Stewart Test Tubes in the Halloween section at Michael's and they were on sale for 60% off!


I also bought some baseball stickers and tiny little baseball Christmas ornaments.


 Once I filled the test tubes (BTW - they are plastic - NOT glass) with sunflower seeds. I added the baseball sticker.


Then I cut the string off of the tiny little baseball ornament and hot glue gunned the baseball to the top of the cork.


You could make these for any sport. They would be fun to make for a tailgating party or a year end treat for the team. The fans in the stands would also love a sunflower seed treat!

I hope your team wins!




No comments:

Post a Comment