Friday, July 8, 2011

Flip Flop Cookies


Today I made some super easy flip flop cookies. You just need some Nutter Butter cookies, thin icing pens and a large sprinkle decoration.  I have a ton of thin icing pens and sprinkles in my cupboard. But if you need some icing pens and sprinkles - I think that Michael's has a great selection. But in a pinch you could buy everything that you need at your local grocery store in the baking section.


Here is a photo of my icing pen jar. And I have two jars of icing pens!


I love the pink flip flops they are so girlie!


I experimented with different color combinations.


Here is the style of pen that I used to pipe the flip flop straps.


So you just need to lay your Nutter Butters out on a piece of parchment paper and start piping the flip flop straps and add the little decoration while the icing is still wet. These would be fun to serve with the Sand Dollar cookies at a summer BBQ. Let's face it it is summertime and we want easy treats.


Once the icing is dry you can package the flip flops in a cellophane bag to use as a party favor.


These would make a great party favor for a summer birthday or pool party. You can make them in any color combination to coordinate with your party!

No comments:

Post a Comment