Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Preparing to Substitute Teach 4th Grade Religion Class



May is the the month of Mary. Sometimes the teacher doesn't leave me enough worksheet/reading to teach the class. So I bring a lot of my own worksheets and coloring sheets.


And I usually decide on a theme like "Our Holy Mother Mary" to teach the class.


I downloaded  a bunch of pictures of Mary.


And found some Rosary's for the children in my Religion box.


I found all the prayers of the Rosary and the mysteries on one sheet of paper.


And this awesome Rosary worksheet.


I made some Rosary cookies for a middle of the class snack.


I made some pretty beaded crosses to glue onto Hershey bars for a take home treat.


I found the wooden crosses at Hobby Lobby. And hot glued beads from my craft cabinet.


The beads are often on sale at Michael's and JoAnne's.


When I was gathering all of my supplies this Beatles song was on my mind - "When I find myself in times of trouble Mother Mary comes to me speaking words of wisdom - Let it be."


Simply wrap the Hershey bar with a heavy card stock and glue the cross onto the front of the candy bar.



These candy bars would also make cute party favors for a baptism or first communion.


Also while I was starting to write this post I was watching "Sister Act" - it is one of my favorite movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment