Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pumpkin Butter




This is how I decide to make a recipe. I am browsing in Williams Sonoma and I pick up the Pumpkin Butter that they sell. Hmmmm.....I bet I could make this. So I come home and Google and Pinterest until I find a recipe that I have all of the ingredients sitting in my cupboard or fridge. Many of the Pumpkin Butter recipes that I found called for apple juice. I did not have any apple juice. Then I found this recipe that called for orange juice. I had orange juice! Bingo! And before Thanksgiving I always have cans of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Who doesn't?

 The blog that I used for this recipe is Less-than-Perfect Life of Bliss.blogspot.com. This blogger even included some labels that you can download and print out!


So my cute labels are also courtesy of this generous blogger.



I downloaded the black labels from the Less-than-Perfect website and cut them out and glued them to an orange and white polka dot paper and then glued them to a white scalloped card stock.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup orange juice

1 cup brown sugar

4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

2 - 15 ounce cans pure pumpin

4  - clean 8 ounce jars 

Directions:

In a medium saucepan heat the orange juice, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice until the mixture comes to a low boil. Whisk constantly so that the mixture doesn't scald.  Once the mixture has thickened add the pumpkin and reduce the heat to low. Heat until all of the ingredients are mixed well and heated all the way through.


Let the mixture cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Then scoop the pumpkin butter into the jars. Put the lids on the jars. Tape the labels on and add the ribbon right before giving out the Pumpkin Butter.


These Pumpkin Butters will stay fresh in the fridge for up to three weeks.

What an easy recipe! This would be a fantastic Thanksgiving party favor or hostess gift. This Pumpkin Butter can be used on toast, english muffins, with Thanksgiving leftovers or even warmed up a little and served over ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment