Thursday, August 16, 2012

No Bake S'more Bars





I was checking my twitter and Tidy Mom tweeted about some back-to-school snacks. So I clicked on her link which was a round up of ideas from a bunch of different blogs and was immediately drawn to the recipe of S'more Bars. My family loves S'mores - but I was really attracted to the words "no bake."

So the No Bake S'more Bar recipe was from The Domestic Rebel. And I must tell you that her recipes are fantastic. I wanted to make at least ten of her recipes!

Ingredients:

30 Golden Oreo's, finely crushed

1 bag of white chocolate chips

1 can, 7 ounce sweetened condensed milk

1 package of Dove milk chocolates, roughly chopped

1 and 1/2 cup Kraft Mallow Bites

1 cup miniature chocolate chips

Directions:

Line an 8 x8 pan with foil and be sure to extend the foil over the sides of the pan. Lightly mist the foil with some cooking spray and set aside.

In a very large bowl (because we are going to add everything in this bowl) microwave the white chocolate chips for 1 minute and stir until melted. Pour in the condensed milk and stir again. Now comes the fun part! Add the cookie crumbs, stir. Add the chopped chocolates, stir! And add 1 cup of the mallow bites and stir.

Once everything is combined spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Press the mixture down and evenly into the corners.. Sprinkle the top with the remaining Mallow Bites and mini chocolate chips. Gently press the toppings into the bars.

Put the pan into the fridge and clean up!


Using the foil handles remove the bar mixture from the pan. Place on a cutting board and start cutting into bite sized squares. 


These were so easy and unbelievably good! I bought everything I needed at my local grocery store. If you have a problem finding the Kraft Mallow Bites I know that they have them at Target. Here is a picture of the container.


It is the same size container that Kraft uses for the Parmesan cheese.


My son licked the bowl! He also unwrapped all of the Dove chocolates and crushed the Oreo's. Of course he ate a few chocolates and Oreo's - but then he went to basketball practice and probably burned all those calories and more! Oh to be a kid again!


Thank you Domestic Rebel for a great recipe! My family loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment