Monday, March 5, 2018

John 3:16 Candy Bars


I made some John 3:16 patches and glued them on a paper wrapped Hershey bar for my 5th grade Religion class this week.

Supply List:

flat candy bar (I used a Hershey bar)

thick white wrapping paper

tape

scissors

tan felt

brown felt

drinking glasses (to trace)

brown or black pen

brown embroidery thread

white embroidery thread

cross bead or button



I wrapped a bunch of Hershey bars with thick white wrapping paper. I like to leave the edges showing.


Using a glass trace circles onto tan felt. Write John 3:16  with a black or brown pen leaving room for a cross bead.


Sew over the writing with brown embroidery thread and sew a cross bead in the middle. Then sew the tan circle onto a larger dark brown circle with white thread in a running stitch.


I think they came out super cute! These patches could also be made into bookmarks by simply sewing a long piece of ribbon on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment