Friday, November 17, 2017

Fun Guy Christmas Ornament




A Fungi Story

When I was playing a lot of tennis a few years ago - one of my big toenails became severely  bruised and was hanging on by a thread. It was burning every time I played tennis. I was wrapping the toe with bandaids. So when I went to get my mani/pedi I asked them if they could glue my nail. Because I am so vain - I didn't want to wear sandals with a missing toenail. The lady doing my pedicure said if they glued  the toenail I would get fungi. So she took the nail off.  I wanted to start freaking out! But there was a nail growing under the bruised nail and she painted the new nail and it didn't look that bad.

Supply List:

gray felt

red felt

two sizes of round cookie cutters

black marker

mushroom bead or button

black embroidery thread

white embroidery thread

thin red ribbon

glue gun

glue sticks



Directions:



Cut 2-inch circles with the gray felt. Trace the circles with a round cookie cutter or trace a jar lid or juice glass.


With a black marker write FUN GUY in block letters.


With the black embroidery thread sew over the FUN GUY and sew the mushroom bead in the middle of the circle. I found the mushroom beads in the strung bead section of JoAnne's.


Using a blanket stitch sew the gray circle onto a red or blue felt circle.


On the back of the ornament glue a ribbon loop. Over the ribbon loop glue another piece of gray round felt.


 I hope that everyone knows a Fun Guy! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment