Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Teaching 5th Grade Religion Class





Today is the feast day of Saint Francis and I was substitute teaching a 5th grade Religion class. So I made the kids some Saint Francis peg dolls. And we learned a lot of fun facts about Saint Francis.


Since Saint Francis is the patron saint of animals we had an animal cracker snack



For a take home treat I made some Saint Francis Hershey bars.



I found a picture of Saint Francis and sized it to a Hershey bar. 


I wrapped the Hershey bar in gold wrapping paper and taped the picture of Saint Francis on top of the  candy bar.


Each candy bar has a  little dove glued on the hand of Saint Francis and a little cross bead glued on the bottom.


I found this awesome coloring sheet and printed out a big stack.



And I found this fun Saint Francis word search and printed out a big stack.


We also made some bird feeders in honor of Saint Francis and I am so mad at myself that I didn't take any pictures of our bird feeders. 

The Prayer of Saint Francis

Lord. make me an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred, let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
Where there is sadness, joy

Oh Divine Master
Grant that I may not so much to seek to
be consoled as to console
to be understood as to understand
to be loved as to love
For it is in giving that we receive
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned 
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment