Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Preparing to Substitute Teach 1st Grade

On Wednesday I am substitute teaching a 1st grade religion class. The two subjects that the class is learning about this week are the Holy Spirit and the Epiphany.

First graders like to color - so I have some fun coloring sheets.


I am actually going to spend more time teaching the Epiphany.


I also made a little coloring book out of the three gifts - gold, frankincense and myrrh.


This little coloring book is a reminder of the gifts that brought to the baby Jesus.


I made little bags of gold, frankincense and myrrh.  Matthew 2:11


The gold is a bag of Rolo;s. The frankincense is a bag of carmel corn and the myrrh is a bag of banana chips.



I put a bag of each "gift" into a brown paper bag with a colorful ribbon and added a Three Wise Men graphic.



I think the kids will like the little take home treat and it will reinforce the story of the gifts. 



I am planning on making some Three Wise Men cookies tomorrow - hopefully I will remember to post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment