Saturday, September 3, 2016

St. Teresa of Calcutta Peg Dolls


Tomorrow (Sunday, September 4th) Mother Teresa will become Saint Teresa of Calcutta. This year when I am asked to substitute Religion class I am going to bring each of the kids a St. Teresa peg doll and then I will teach the class about her life.

These peg dolls are so fun to make and I find it relaxing to paint them. I bought the wooden peg dolls at Hobby Lobby - I have the app on my phone so I awlays have a coupon!


First I painted the body white and the head in flesh color. I marked the area on the head with a pencil that I wanted to paint white.


It took two coats to cover up the flesh colored paint.


Once the paint was dry I used a blue sharpie for the stripes. And painted two flesh colored hands.


Using a fine tipped black Sharpie I drew the eyes, mouth and a tiny rosary.


I hope this post inspires you to make your own St. Teresa of Calcutta peg dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment