Sunday, January 17, 2016

St. Tmothy Candy Bars



This week I am going to substitute teach 1st grade religion class at St. Timothy. Since the feast day of St. Timothy is on January 26th - we are susposed to teach a little lesson on St. Timothy. 

Since I am teaching 1st grade I decided to make the kids some St. Timothy candy bars - so that they can actually see what St. Timothy looks like and have a little treat to take home. 

These are so simple to make - they can be made for the feast day of a Patron Saint, a baptism or first communion.

Supplies:

Hershey bars

Wrapping paper in coordinating color

Scissors

Tape

Picture of Saint 

Heavy scrapbook paper in coordinating color

Scalloped punch

Directions:

Wrap the Hershey bars in wrapping paper that coordinates with your saint picture.



I used the standard sized Hershey bars - but in the past I have used the snack sized. I guess it depends on the size of the saint picture.


The first step is to wrap each of the candy bars. I like to wrap them with the ends showing. 


For this project I used silver wrapping paper. 



I cut out my St. Timothy pictures and using double stick tape adhered them to a silver piece of heavy scrapbook paper that was punched into a scallop shape.


Then using double stick tape simply adhere the scalloped shape to the middle of the candy bar.


I think the kids are going to like these little candy treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment